Show of Hands is a community-supported, crowd-funding event. Community members are presented projects that would positively impact Wheeling and vote on the project they want to support with donations from the door and a generous sponsorship of $1,000 from Orrick.
If you or someone you know is working on a community project or growing a business and would like some funding to help move the project along, please follow the link below to the application. All projects are welcome to apply, but only four will be chosen to present at Show of Hands. Applications are due by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, January 26.
The form is available at http://www.downtownwheeling.com/showofhands
How Show of Hands works:
– Attendees make a donation of at least $5 for a vote. Attendees are given the opportunity to make a 60 second announcement with a donation of $10.
– Four pre-selected proposals for projects that benefit the community are presented.
– Attendees cast their vote for the project they want to help fund.
– The project with the most votes receives all of the money raised at the door + the $1,000 prize from Orrick.
– Winners come back to a future Show of Hands to tell the audience how their project went/is progressing, how they used the money, and the impact the project had on the community.
– Date: February 17
– Time: Doors open at 5:30 PM, Program will begin at 6:00 PM
– Location: Capitol Theatre Ballroom (1015 Main Street)
– A $5 donation gets you a vote, and a $10 or more donation gets you 60 seconds to make an announcement regarding something you or your organization is doing.
– Appetizers will be provided by Vagabond Kitchen.
Your attendance at Show of Hands is greatly appreciated, and will show individuals presenting projects that they have the support of strong community.
Sponsors of Show of Hands include Orrick, Visit Wheeling, the Capitol Theatre Ballroom, St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church, Wheeling Brewing Company, Casa di Vino, and Vagabond Kitchen.