Show of Hands is an event where residents can learn about projects that contribute to the betterment of downtown Wheeling. Attendees cast a vote for the project they would like to support with the funds raised through donations at the door. We will be asking attendees for a donation of $5 or more. Through a sponsorship from Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, the winner will also receive $1,000 in addition to the donations from the door.
If you or someone you know is working on a community project and would like some funding to help move the project along, please follow the link below to the application. All projects are welcome to apply, but only four will be chosen to present at the first Show of Hands event. Applications are due by 11:59 PM on Thursday, May 8.
The form is available at goo.gl/Egk1a5
How Show of Hands works:
– Attendees make a donation of at least $5 for a vote.
– Four pre-selected proposals for projects that benefit the community are presented.
– Attendees cast their vote for the project they want to help fund.
– The project with the most votes receives all of the money raised at the door + the $1,000 prize from Orrick.
– Winners come back to a future Show of Hands to tell the audience how their project went/is progressing, how they used the money, and the impact the project had on the community.
– Date: May 15
– Time: 6:00 PM – 9:00PM
– Location: Future Children’s Museum of the Ohio Valley (2112 Market Street – formerly “Living Word Church”)
– A $5 donation gets you a vote, and a $10 or more donation gets you 60 seconds to make an announcement regarding something you or your organization is doing.
– Heavy hors d’oeuvres will be provided by Quaker Steak & Lube.
Your attendance at Show of Hands is greatly appreciated, and will show individuals presenting projects that they have the support of strong community.