Woodworking Instructor, Brad Fritz, will return to the CMOV to lead workshops for kids age 5-adult every First Friday of the month, September 2015-May 2016, 5-8pm.
With handmade lathes and traditional hand tools, Brad will lead participants through various wood-shaping processes from splitting, turning, and shaving rough-cut lumber to assembling finished tools and toys of Lydia’s era.
Sign up to learn how to make a tic-tac-toe, basketball, or top. Classes are $15/participant for a 3-hour class which includes all tools and supplies. Register for all 9 workshops for $115 ($20 savings).
Projects by month:
• September 4, 2015: Drop Spindles and Crochet Hooks
• October 2, 2015: Brooms
• November 6, 2015: Looms and weaving
• December 4, 2015: Toys: Tic-Tac-Toe, Basketball, Tops
• January 8, 2016: Noisemakers
• February 5, 2016: Bird in a Cage/Twine making
• March 4, 2016: Connect 4!
• April 1, 2016: Spoons & Scoops (ages 12+)
• May 6, 2016: Circle & Stick
Lydia’s Attic, Traditional Woodworking Workshops, and Heritage Dances are supported in part by:
The Spark Fund for Early Learning at The Sprout Fund &
The Ohio River Border Initiative, a joint project of the Ohio Arts Council and the West Virginia Commission on the Arts